Gate4SPICE regulations for registration and participation
Places to take part in a Gate4Spice event are usually booked up quickly. There is great demand to find out about new or current topics, exchange ideas with experts and obtain an EE certificates. Unfortunately, it happens again and again that registrations are made and the colleagues then do not attend. In doing so, they may block a place for an other colleague on the waiting list. In this context, we would like to ask you once again to cancel your participation in good time if you are unable to attend. We would like to point out once again the rules for non-compliance:
- If a registered participant fails to appear for a G4S event without prior notification (at least 7 days before the event), the person will be put on a list.
- If the same person fails to appear for an event again within the next twelve months (again without prior notification at least 7 days before the event) his/her registration for upcoming (within next twelve months) G4S events will be rejected. He/she will be put on the waiting list instead and will be allowed to participate only if there are free places after the registration deadline has ended.
Registration for Gate4SPICE meetings
We would like to point out to all users who want to register for a Gate4SPICE meeting that this must be done with the account that contains the valid certification number. If your access data are no longer available, please contact iNTACS user support at
New iNTACS Scholarship - Sophie Feil
Sophie is the new scholarship holder supported by iNTACS e.V.. Her bachelor work will be about finding out which competences companies expect from students in the field of AI and which mechanisms have to be embedded in the teaching to be able to guarantee the achievement of these competences. Her plan is to conduct expert interviews with T-Systems, both with AI experts to find out the concrete competences and with people from HR to get their assessment on how to emphasise the competences in students. The research for her exposé confirmed that the topics of process optimisation and AI go hand in hand, which is why she can well imagine involving experts from Intacs and taking their assessment into account for my question.
We wish Sophie every good success!
iNTACS Vision and Mission
We are an independent and legally registered not-for-profit association.
We have open and transparent operations in an honorary capacity and global and multilingual presence.
We improve the assessment performance
We want to reduce variations in the quality of assessment results and to make results more comparable,
intacs® was set up in response to requests from industry and international ISO/IEC 15504 experts. The main objective was to ensure high-quality assessor qualification in the worldwide community for process assessment according to ISO/IEC 33000 series.
We respond to an industry demand
setting training and certification standards for ISO/IEC 15504 assessors
setting standards for maintaining assessor competence
promoting assessment models and community interactions
intacs® is the scheme accepted by the automotive industry and the HIS / VDA AK 13 (working group responsible for defining process requirements for car manufacturers and n-tier suppliers).
The new updated ISO/IEC 33000 standard series covers process assessment in general.
Looking for Certification, renewal, or initially, very often your first contact is the Certification Body.
intacs is setting up the rules and regulations, but the Certification Body is the one to verify experience evidence and assessment log.
The automotive domain is managed by VDA QMC Berlin and
all other domains are managed by ECQA GmbH Krems
intacs® World Wide
The intacs assessor certification scheme has been spread its service and support over many countries in the world.
Trainings and Exams are usually developed in English, but translation to local guide is available for many languages
Current rules for online activities (status as of November 11th, 2022)
iNTACS and VDA QMC accepted to perform assessments and trainings completely online.
To ensure the high-quality expectations of intacs®, the current rules apply until further notice:
For the following training courses, the online and onsite execution (including online and onsite exams) is allowed:
- intacs® certified Provisional Assessor
- intacs® certified Competent Assessor *)
- intacs® Introduction to VDA Automotive SPICE® Guidelines
- intacs® Automotive SPICE® for Cybersecurity
For the following observations, the online and onsite execution is allowed:
- Competent Course Participant Observation
- Competent Assessor Candidate Observation (during an assessment) **)
- Instructor Observation ***)
For assessments, the online and onsite execution is allowed:
- The VDA Automotive SPICE® Guidelines v1.0 specify in chapter 8.3.1: "It is not appropriate to perform interviews for data collection only using phone and/or video conferences."
Due to the past and current COVID-19 related restrictions to meet in person, the forenamed requirement is suspended until further notice.
The VDA QMC project group thereby likes to foster the performance of assessments even during pandemic situations.
- intacs® recommends following the Guideline for Remote Process Assessments.
*) For the “intacs® certified Competent Assessor” training, there are mandatory rules for online performance:
- This training must be conducted via video conference, so the trainer is able to observe the participants.
- A tool must be used to allow working groups in separate sessions, between which the trainer can switch anytime.
**) For the “Competent Assessor Candidate Observation (during an assessment)”, there are mandatory rules for online performance:
- The observation must be conducted via video conference, so the observer is able to observe the behavior of the candidate as well as the reaction of the interviewees.
***) For the “Instructor Observation”, there are mandatory rules for online performance:
- This training must be conducted via video conference, so the observer is able to observe the Instructor candidate as well as the participants all the time.
- The latest Observation sheet must be filled-in by the Observer to document and maintain all necessary steps and results.
intacs® is continuously working on updated procedures with additional requirements to ensure the quality of onsite and online activities also in the future. This includes the criteria for observers who have an important responsibility.
Community Publications hosted on intacs
Grace Period for Assessor Certification
If an assessor is not able to collect all necessary Experience Evidence due to cancelled assessments or events because of the pandemic time period, the Certification Bodies will grant up to 6 additional months for collecting and providing the missing EEs.
But the additional time does not mean that the certification period will be extended! E.g. if the current period is from January 2018 to December 2020, and you use the first 6 months of 2021 to collect missing EEs, the new period will still be from January 2021 to December 2023.
And another procedure rule still applies: Already used EEs cannot be used twice! E.g. if you collect EEs within the first 6 months of 2021 in order to use them for the certification period from 2021 to 2023, you cannot use these EEs for the next certification period even if they are within the 36 months’ time frame.