International SPICE Days 23rd-25th June 2008, Prague
- Erstellt: Donnerstag, 11. September 2008 16:22
- Geschrieben von Christian Knuevener
Over 130 highly satisfied participants took part in the International Software Quality Institute’s International SPICE Days from 23rd to 25th June in the capital of The Czech Republic, Prague. ‘I would like to congratulate you on a successful event’ and other such participant feedback was given to the organiser, iSQI.
As well as the exhibition and international programme contributions from the areas of automotive, finance &insurance, aerospace, telecom and SPI experience, three keynote speakers gave talks:
- Thomas Schlick (VDA, Germany) about ‘Quality Standards in the Automotive Supply Chain – VDA Strategy for Supporting Software Component Maturity’, challenges facing car manufacturers with regard to passenger safety, pollution control and communication of the car and the environment as well as the endeavours of the VDA within the triangle of organisation maturity, process maturity and product quality.
- Richard Messnarz (ISCN GesmbH, Austria "Integrated Automotive SPICE and Safety Assessments".
- Antonio Coletta (DNV IT Global Services, Italy) about "SPICE for IT service management - new ISO/IEC developments".
On Tuesday evening the participants took to the water. The cruise on the Vltava took in old and new sights, such as the “dancing house” and the Charles Bridge.
The next International SPICE Days is taking place in Stuttgart. The Conference Chair for 2009 is Hans-Jürgen Kugler, assistant professor at the University of Limerick, Lero – the Irish Software Engineering Research Centre. He is again hoping for a high turn out and underlined this by stating ‘This years Conference has shown that SPICE is a proven application. Globalisation, specialisation of user domains and industrialisation are keywords that are hall-marking the further developments in the area of software. Is SPICE going to be able to keep up and help the users to convert these developments into chances for success? Help to answer these questions – be part of the Programme for the International SPICE Days and come to Stuttgart in June next year!’ Co-Chairs are Peter Bölter, intacs President and Bernd Hindel, Conference Chair 2007 and 2008. The iSQI team looks forward to working together with you again and to seeing you – and many new participants – in 2009.